What I do when I’m not doing Derby

 


On my desktop there is a folder called Roller Derby 2020. It remains empty. I’m guessing that I won’t be shooting any Derby this year. I’ve also not been keeping this blog up-to-date. There’s not much to talk about. No photos to post. Not much point.

Hobbies have been curtailed. But during this pandemic it’s important to keep going, keep creative, so that when thing return to normal, or hopefully a better normal, one is ready to pick up where things were abruptly stopped.

So, with that in mind, I thought I’d share what I’ve been up to. Where once I’d been travelling, shooting Derby, meeting friends, processing and posting photos, I had to find other creative outlets.

So…

It Ain’t Concrete… 136 page, hard-backed musings on places I’ve visited and concrete that I love. Ready to order soon, once I’ve corrected all the typos on the proof.

A load of pictures of random stuff, including concrete.

 I built a guitar to annoy the neighbours.

I can make 'em better than I can play them.

Four more editions of ‘Photographing Boring Places’ zine (24pp). Available to download from my website: www.jason-ruffell.co.uk

Watch out for the Halloween special, coming soon.  


I had also planned to re-code both the websites I run, but that will have to wait for another day.

Hopefully, before I’m trackside once more, otherwise it’ll never get done.

www.roller-derby-on-film.co.uk


Comments

Popular Posts