Wear Good Shoes


I am an armchair sports fan. Actually, if truth be told, I am more of a lay on the floor with a glass of red wine, sports fan.

I would play something if only I could be bothered. I’ve never been a sporty person, getting lost and lugging around stupid amounts of camera gear helps keep me fit.

I maintain that shooting on an empty stomach is the worst thing you can do. Your mind wanders, thinking about tasty treats rather than what one is supposed to be doing. Usually I can suppress these feelings, only wondering hours later why I feel a little light-headed, especially if I’ve partaken of the odd cheeky pint or two.

Aches and pains elsewhere are sometimes harder to dismiss, particularly if one has been on ones feet all day. With the up-coming Tier 1 Men’s games this weekend, three bouts to cover, it will be a grueling day. With this in mind I am heeding Magnum Photographer, David Hurn’s advice (http://petapixel.com/2016/04/06/timless-wisdom-amazing-stories-magnums-david-hurn/). Wear good shoes. Of course, this isn’t just aimed at photographers. Like Baz Luhrmann’s advice on sunscreen, it is advice we should all heed.

This weekend the weather reports indicate I can dispense with the sunscreen, comfy shoes and a bag packed with tasty treats however are a must.

Comments

Popular Posts