Merry Christmat

Merry Christmat
Photographically, 2015 was an interesting year for Derby. For me, coming off the back of the World Cup in Dallas I needed to re-adjust and accept that once more I’d be shooting in less than ideal conditions.

My current research in to 1980’s and 90’s leisure centres continues unabated, covering 26 events in 2015, the length and breadth of the United Kingdom. From usual haunts in Sheffield and Leeds to new ones in Aberdeen and Bristol and various places in between. 

The cameras have now been packed away for the season giving me the opportunity to work on other projects.

Manchester Roller Derby versus Hot Wheel Roller Derby
Photographing bouts has always been only one aspect for me. Going new places and meeting new people is another. I also enjoy people using and appreciating the images I produce and the random requests for images I often get.  The latest being from Carolina Rollergirls based in Raleigh, North Carolina. I also find it fascinating to see where this blog is being read, from places a far afield as Australia, New Zealand, Russia, Argentina and places closer to home.  My inane ramblings being consumed in many different countries.

London Rollergirls, London Brawling versus Helsinki Roller Derby
2016 will be an interesting year. As new developments continue and domestic arrangements cement themselves in the Derby calendar.

Hot Wheel Roller Derby versus Newcastle Rollergirls
Once again, my first outing will be to Telford for the annual Tattoo Freeze convention.   A chance to catch up with people after the holiday festivities, with a quick trip to hyperthermia thrown in for free. That convention hall at the height of winter is bloody freezing!  Someone bring me a coffee.

Tattoo Freeze 2015 - Portsmouth Roller Wenches versus Manchester Roller Derby
As we like to say in the office, thanks to a badly spelt piece of Christmas décor, Merry Christmat.


Roller Derby on Film. 

Comments

Popular Posts