Do you want more?



A friend of mine created the Roller Derby on Film Facebook page to help promote the exhibition I ran last November. I had to leave it up to them as I have no idea of these things. What are the benefits etc…? Similarly I never understood why people always asked others to like their page so that they could get 1,000 likes? Why 1,000? What benefits does it confer?  What does it mean? Why not 1,345? I think I’ve disliked these requests for their lack of ambition and megalomania.  Why not 10,000, 100,000 or 1,000,000. Okay, I’m going to be grumpy until I get 1,000,000 likes, or ‘till I forget, whichever comes sooner.  In fact, let’s run a competition. The lucky person to make the 1,000 like, gets to take me out for dinner. By the way I like fine dining, lobster kebabs with all the trimmings. I can’t say fairer than that.


Okay, I’m going off topic. Things have grown organically, website (now mothballed as I need to re-code it), Facebook page, blog and Flickr. I’ve just added things on because I could. But like most unplanned things, are they right for the consumer? So, if I may be Chris Tarrant for five minutes, ‘It’s time to ask the audience’.


Is Facebook the best channel for people to view the images shot at bouts? Is Flickr better for people as it displays the images with better quality? Would it be best to resurrect the website and put them all on there?  Or is there another way?


In scattering myself too thin I’ve lost focus. Are the shots as expected, do you want a different angle or approach? I should have done some market research in the dim and distant past but it seemed too much like work so here’s a belated, half-arsed effort.


As I have told many people in the past, my job is to help make you rich and famous, if you become rich famous, you can keep me in as many lobster kebabs my heart desires. On second thoughts, lobster kebab sound revolting. I’ll just have the pie.

Comments

Popular Posts